A Gantt chart is a simple and adaptable project management tool that visualizes the project’s schedule, execution, and resources. It provides project managers with a visual representation of what is happening, what has been accomplished, and what remains.
Additionally, Gantt charts assist businesses in scheduling activities in a manner similar to task management software, with a progress bar reflecting the project’s due dates. As a consequence, Gantt chart software has grown in popularity among businesses of all sizes.
To assist you in sorting through the sea of available Gantt chart software, I’ve compiled a list of seven of my favorites. I’ve highlighted the applications that each program is best suited for, its capabilities, and price policies to aid with comprehension.
What Is The Best Gantt Chart Software?
Let’s find out.
Image Source: Wrike
If you value a clean and orderly design, Wrike is the finest Gantt chart solution for you. With over 20,000 clients, including Google and Dell, this software helps project managers to accelerate their plans and consistently “over-deliver” on outcomes.
It does this via effective automation, real-time visibility, and reporting tools that assist you in anticipating and avoiding delays. In today’s dynamic business environment, you can feel certain that Wrike will adapt your team to changing trends while maintaining efficiency.
I was particularly taken by the configurable dashboards and reports that would assist in company growing. Additionally, this application enables you to prioritize activities and projects and optimize them appropriately. You may also automate routine chores to free up your time to concentrate on the most critical aspects of your organization’s objectives.
- Workflows, dashboards, and request forms may all be customized.
- Approval systems that are automated.
- Gantt charts that are interactive.
- Kanban boards that may be shared.
- Templates for Gantt charts.
- Visual verification (backlogs, past due dates, broken dependencies, etc.).
- Management of digital assets.
- Insights in real time and sophisticated analytics.
- More than 400 Integrations (Microsoft Project, Adobe Creative Cloud, and more).
- Management of resources.
- Free Plan at $0/month
- Professional Plan at $9.80/ month
- Business Plan at $24.80/month
- Enterprise Plan
Image Source: Agnatty
If you believe that managing projects without investing in software is impossible, you are mistaken. The free Gantt chart software from Agantty is equally as excellent as the commercial tools and may even be better suited to your team. I would not suggest this program for major firms or organizations, though.
I like how this free application enables you to plan and manage an infinite number of projects with an unlimited number of team members. With thorough, step-by-step guidance, even novices can quickly grasp the fundamentals of good project management.
As a consequence, it’s never been easier to create projects. Simply choose a time period for the project, define and color it, and assign it to a team. Additionally, you may create projects, invite people, and stay busy using the drag-and-drop interface.
- Create and modify an infinite number of projects.
- Task organizer with drag-and-drop functionality.
- Collaborate with others in teams and delegate duties.
- Management of rights.
- Overview of the task.
- Recollections and lists.
- Handling of milestones.
- Desktop and mobile applications are
- Time is limited.
- Bin for recycling and recovery.
Agantty is a really free Gantt chart software that stands out in a sea of “freeware” that makes false promises and includes hidden fees. However, the firm provides a variety of extensions that enhance the functionality of this project management application.
Image Source: Monday.com
Monday.com tagline is “Work without boundaries,” and the company offers a centralized, multi-functional platform for planning, executing, and growing workflows. It is trusted by corporations such as Coca-Cola and Loreal and integrates seamlessly with your favorite productivity tools.
From small to complicated projects and portfolios, monday.com simplifies administration with easy-to-use collaborative solutions that eliminate communication obstacles.
With the Team Workload dashboard keeping you informed at a glance, resource management is a no-brainer. You may adjust your dependencies, baseline, and milestones at any point throughout the project’s lifespan.
- Create Gantt charts.
- Control baselines and their ramifications.
- Data that is current.
- Centralization of information.
- Management of workload.
- Administration of resources.
- Automation on a customized basis.
- Notifications for project management.
- Permissions on several levels.
- Private bulletin boards and documents.
- Integrations at a premium.
- Log of activity.
- Knowledge foundation that is self-serving.
- Live webinars are held daily.
- Individual Plan at $0/month
- Standard Plan at $10/month
- Pro Plan at $16/month
- Enterprise Plan
Image Source: Grnattpro
If you’re not interested in spending an eternity learning new software, have a look at GanttPro. It’s simple and straightforward to use, owing to its intuitive, user-friendly interface. It’s unsurprising that it’s a favorite of the majority of project managers.
Indeed, GanttPro’s strong management tools are used by over 700,000 project managers, including those at Sony and Intel. There is a preset to automate every aspect of your company, from task management to budget monitoring.
This application enables you to generate Gantt charts that include minute data while being aesthetically pleasing. Furthermore, if that isn’t your cup of tea, you can always switch to portfolio, grid, or board view.
- Gantt charts with a perspective that may be customized.
- Scheduling automatically.
- Calendars for projects and personal events.
- Hierarchy of tasks.
- Data synchronization in real time.
- Establishment of a baseline.
- Crucial route.
- Examine the version history.
- Management of workloads.
- Virtual assets.
- Numerous assignees.
- Import and export capabilities.
- Sharing files through a public URL (for stakeholders).
- Time tracking for tasks.
- Templates that are customized and pre-configured.
- Individual Plan at $15/month
- Team Plan at $8.90/month
- Enterprise Plan
Image Source: ClickUp
ClickUp is another free choice for organizing your business’s objectives, projects, and documents, among other things. Despite its free nature, it provides a high level of capability with its basic tools, making it a viable alternative to other project management systems.
Interestingly, it provides the greatest degree of customisation in Gantt charts, since you can simply design your own views, including lists, boards, and boxes. Additionally, ClickUp Spaces are an excellent method to collaborate while maintaining your own “place.”
Additionally, I prefer this online Gantt chart tool since it has unique features that may be enabled or disabled at your discretion. This means you can retain just the functions you need and disable the others, avoiding distractions and a crowded interface.
- Collaboration amongst team members.
- Online communication in real time.
- Utilize comments and actions to assign assignments.
- Attachments to be shared
- Dashboards with widgets that are completely customizable.
- For desktop, mobile, and Chrome, a universal timer is available.
- Relationships between tasks.
- Schemas for tasks and subtasks.
- Monitoring progress toward goals.
- Integrations that have become popular (MSProject, Slack, Dropbox, etc.).
- Fields specific to you.
- Free Plan at $0/month
- Unlimited Plan at $5/member/month
What Is Gantt Chart Software?
A Gantt chart is a project management tool that may be used to plan and schedule projects of any size, but is especially beneficial for simplifying complicated tasks. Project management timelines and tasks are transformed to a horizontal bar chart, which displays the start and finish dates, as well as dependencies, scheduling, and deadlines, as well as the percentage of the job accomplished at each step and who owns the assignment. This is beneficial for keeping activities on track when a big team and various stakeholders are involved and the scope of work varies.