Growing enterprises usually have a plethora of moving parts. Managing schedules, people, and projects all in one location may be tough. Software for resource management. To put it simply, resource management software is a single application that manages all of your business’s resources and current projects. Rather of having a slew of tools operating in isolation, it is one tool that can handle them all.
While software resource management is related to project management software and workflow management software, it requires something more than a typical kanban-style to-do list application.
What is The Best Resource Management Software?
Here are my top recommendations for the greatest resource management software.
Image Source: ClickUp
ClickUp is a resource management software and productivity software that centralizes all of your work. It consolidates asset and project management into a single dashboard, making it easier to monitor and allocate existing resources. Additionally, it aids in resource planning, resource allocation, performance management, and even portfolio management of projects. Project management and document exchange with peers are carried out in real time in conjunction with the team.
The admin section includes communication and collaboration tools, task and status management, alerts, and a toolbar. Users may assign particular team members or group members comments and tasks. Additionally, ClickUp enables time and goal monitoring. You may create objectives, make comments, work with others, add estimations, and generate reports in real time.
Any member may mark comments and tasks as resolved or in progress (or add custom statuses), providing the whole team with an overview of the project. Additionally, users are informed when another team member makes a reference to or tags them in a debate or board. Additionally, members may see and manage projects through an agile dashboard. The activity stream displays when tasks are generated and completed.
Additionally, native interaction with a variety of third-party applications lets you expedite chores. HubSpot, Vimeo, MailChimp, Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Sheets are just a few of the popular connectors.
- Team Communication – On each task or board, you may add comments and notes or tag a team member. Additionally, you may assign tasks, talk with your team members in real time, take screenshots, record your screen, and exchange attachments.
- Task Management – Changes are tracked, reminders are created, tasks are organized, and teams are managed.
- Time Management – Make timetables, monitor capacity, and keep track of the time necessary to complete a job.
- Create Custom Views – Consider job items and data from a variety of angles to improve your understanding and tracking. Select from a variety of task lists, workflow boards, spreadsheets, timelines, calendar views, mind maps, and table views.
- Customizable Interface – The program is fully configurable, enabling you to customize your workspace, your working status, colors, and themes, among other things.
- Free (Forever free plan, no credit card required) – 100 MB storage, unlimited tasks, unlimited members.
- Unlimited ($5 per member per month) – Includes Free, plus: unlimited storage, unlimited lists, boards, calendar views, unlimited dashboards, custom fields, etc.
Image Source: Monday
Monday.com is a cloud-based resource management application that enables you to manage your team’s time and projects from any location. It enables you to manage your company’s workflow, projects, and connections in one location, allowing you to concentrate on what matters most. One of the platform’s primary selling points is that they customize the UI depending on your objectives and preferences. When you join up with them, you’ll be requested to choose a template.
Marketing, venture capital, freelancing, construction, human resources, marketing, and software development are just a few of the categories. This also demonstrates that the platform is suited for both large enterprises and individuals. You might begin by grouping similar products together. A group may be a phase of a project, a time span, a stage of a contract, or anything else you designate.
There will be several in-app instructions and a small video to assist you with automating the process and familiarizing yourself with the UI. Following that, begin setting deadlines, assigning project ownership, and managing any project in a matter of minutes. Additionally, you may switch to the Kanban view to get a birds-eye perspective of open projects, resource availability, and predicted dates.
Monday.com offers one of the greatest Kanban views available, which is why it also ranks as the best Kanban software on my list. Additionally, the capacity to design automated pipelines is important. These funnels enable you to automate activities in response to specified actionssoftware
- Quick Setup – Utilize hundreds of customisable templates to get started fast or start from scratch.
- Extensive Integration – Monday.com integrates with over 40 third-party applications, including Dropbox, GitHub, Salesforce, Google Calendar, Gmail, Google Drive, Slack, Excel, Jira, and Trello.
- Visualize Teamwork – Keep track of the workload using a map view, a Gantt chart, a schedule chart, a timeline chart, or a kanban chart, among others.
- Streamlining Teamwork – Gain insight into your team’s work capacity and make necessary adjustments to project timetables or ownership – regardless of your location. On a single dashboard, all of your work, projects, and teams are organized.
- Individual (Free)
- Basic ($8 per month)
- Standard ($10 per month)
- Pro ($16 per month)
- Enterprise (quote-based)
Image Source: Forecast.app
Forecast.app is a project and resource management software that enables you to manage and monitor projects, resources, timesheets, and invoicing. It enables you to see and manage time, activities, and projects in a centralized location. Forecast.app enables you to quickly assess your team’s workload and the capacity of all available resources. Additionally, this is done in real time.
The dashboard is designed in such a manner that you always know who is working on which project. Additionally, it enables you to allocate certain work hours and measure each member’s time spent on specified activities.Additionally, you can use tags and custom fields such as “time off” or “on vacation” to indicate which team members are now unavailable. It’s a handy approach to keep the whole team informed, resulting in a more efficient job allocation process.
Not only that, you may dive further to determine whether or not the hours allotted to team members are being used completely. The platform makes use of native AI technology to compute over- and under-allocations, as well as how members use their team.
Forecast.app analyzes your team’s prior work and time use to forecast the number of hours necessary to complete a job. Additionally, you have access to graphic reports and timesheets, as well as the opportunity to monitor the progress of projects and budgets. These reports provide critical information such as real-time usage, a comparison of actual and projected use, and profitability. Additionally, the auto-scheduling capability reduces the need to manually allocate resources to projects.
- Searchable Database – The searchable database enables you to quickly find team members who possess the necessary skills and are most likely to be available for any unassigned assignment.
- Appropriate Resource Allocation – Supervise projects and teams, ensuring that everyone gets work that is appropriate for their abilities. Streamline your everyday duties and keep one step ahead of the deadline for the project.
- Real-time Performance Analyzation – Develop a comprehensive operational and financial understanding of your portfolio and a development plan for the organization. Additionally, do real-time analysis of everyone’s performance.
- Lite (€27 per seat/month)
- Pro (€46 per seat/month)
- Plus (Custom plan)
Image Source: Float
Float is a resource management software that enables you to manage everyday tasks, workloads, and projects for your personnel. All of your resources, their capabilities, and their cost are shown in a single floating interface.
For instance, if a developer is developing an IT solution for you, you can easily check how much time the developer has left till the deadline and how many hours they have already spent.
Within seconds, the platform enables you to create and assign new projects to your team. There is a “Schedule View” that displays the availability and capabilities of your team. You may further refine your search by using Float’s search and filter functionality.
Additionally, you may categorize your team members and projects using unique categories such as geography and abilities. Additionally, you may create a timetable that notifies people when you work from home or are on leave. This manner, everyone is aware of one another’s schedules.
Additionally, Float has many connectors that allow you to import data from the business applications you presently use.
- Automate Team Management – Maintain control over your staff by arranging vacations, customizing work hours, and importing public holidays. Additionally, you may connect it with your current calendar software. This one function is capable of completely replacing your scheduling software solution.
- Create Project Timelines and Assign Resources – Your projects should have stages and milestones. Additionally, it enables you to connect tasks to group projects, adjust timeframes, and assign resources to specific team members.
- Real-time Reporting – Real-time reporting enables you to manage your resources more effectively, monitor project budgets, and estimate your team’s capability. Enable time tracking in pre-populated timesheets and compare your team’s time spent on tasks to their real working hours.
- Task Scheduling and Updating in Real-time – In a couple of seconds, create and assign tasks. Additionally, you may make adjustments fast by using built-in editing shortcuts and features.
- Resource Planning ($6 per month)
- Resource Planning + Time Tracking ($10 per month)
5. Hub Planner
Image Source: Hub Planner
Hub Planner is a project management solution that centralizes all of your projects. It enables you to collaborate with customers and teams while managing tasks, timesheets, timetables, deadlines, costs, and assignments. Additionally, Hub Planner includes dynamic heat maps that assist you in visualizing your team’s use. You may use them to uncover possible resource allocation and scheduling inconsistencies. One of its primary selling advantages is its ability to plan tasks utilizing automated pipelines.
- Advanced Reporting – Real-time metrics for all your projects and resources are available for download and viewing. Using over 70 pre-formatted templates, you may build thorough and graphic reports.
- Integrated Time Tracking and Approval – Collaboration with your team to track and produce timesheets. Additionally, this feature allows for the comparison of actual time recorded on timesheets to expected time using the resource scheduler.
- Unassigned Work Feature – The tool for unassigned work enables you to plan and schedule work for unassigned projects. Additionally, you may add a “demand” category for team members to submit work that needs scheduling.
- Plug & Play ($7 per resource/month)
- Premium ($18 per resource/month)
- Enterprise (Quote-based)
What is Resource Management Software?
A resource management software is a web-based application that helps small and medium businesses (SMBs) manage and track their resources like employees, time, and material.
A typical resource management platform enables you to make informed decisions regarding project planning, team capacity, resource allocation, budgeting, team use, and real-time recruitment requirements.
Additionally, they are capable of managing all facets of resource management software, such as procurement, forecasting, capacity planning, and production scheduling.
The following are some of the ways that companies may benefit from a resource management tool:
- Acquire all of the necessary information on their accessible resources.
- Locate the most appropriate resource for their request.
- Schedule and manage the time management of resources.
- Sustain the appropriate stock level.
- Assign team members tasks and project resources.
- Keep track of the time each member spends on tasks.